- 7/31/2017 - Application for Deferment of Summer Taxes
The Michigan form for deferment of summer taxes is available. Click on Forms and Documents on the menu and look for Form MI-471.
- 7/25/2017 - ** Tire Recycling **
July 29, 2017 (8 am to noon) -- Free tire drop off with appointment!
Scrap tires create a troublesome breeding ground for mosquito larvae and an eyesore. Midland County Mosquito Control and Midland Recyclers sponsor tire drives to help Midland County residents properly dispose of tires.
4305 E Ashman Street
Midland, MI 48640
Midland County Residents only
Free tire drop off with appointment:
Ten (10) tires (size 16.5" and smaller) without rims will be accepted for free for those individuals who make an appointment. Call 631-1668 and be prepared to give the following information: Name, address and the number of tires you wish to bring.
Charge per tire drop off without appointment:
Tires will be taken only if there is room and individuals will have to wait for an open time in the schedule to unload. Passenger car (16.5 and smaller) are $1 without rims and $3 with rims.
Help prevent mosquitoes in tires by:
- Keeping tires indoors
- Cover tires with a tarp
- Dispose of tires without rims or with sidewalls unsealed from the rims
- Call Mosquito Control to request treatment
- If your township/organization is interested in conducting a neighborhood cleanup, please call Esther at 631-1668.
CM Rubber Recycling, 4602 W Saginaw Road, Coleman, MI 48618, (989) 465-0200
Additional tire recycling options (will take tires for a small fee, year-round)
- 6/27/2017 - ***** Per Republic Waste *****
Patience and Preparation. Please roll carpet into manageable pieces (tied if possible) bag and bundle as much as you can, large items please set out but know it might take a bit to pick these items up. They are lining up extra trucks to help but this will still take time.
- 6/21/2017 - Township Board minutes synopsis for March, April, and May have been posted. Click on Township Board, Township Board Meeting Minutes.
- 3/14/2017 - Township Board minutes synopsis for October, November, December, January, and Febuary have been posted. Click on Township Board, Township Board Meeting Minutes.
- 1/23/2017 - Click here for a schedule of township fees for connecting to water service.
- 10/24/2016 - Township Board minutes synopsis for July, August, and September have been posted. Click on Township Board, Township Board Meeting Minutes.
- 7/19/2016 - Township Board minutes synopsis for January thru June have been posted. Click on Township Board, Township Board Meeting Minutes.
- 4/12/2016 - See the new page with Voting information - click Voting on the Menu.
The deadline to register to vote in the August 2016 election is July 5th, 2016 and for November 2016 is October 11, 2016.
- 3/13/2016 - FOIA - Freedom of Information Act forms and documents have been posted. Click on Forms and Documents on the menu.
- 3/13/2016 - Attachments for Township Board minutes for December have been posted. Click on Township Board, Township Board Meeting Minutes.
- 01/18/2016 - 2016 reycling calendar has been posted, select 'Trash and Recycling' on the menu.
- 01/18/2016 - MI Form 5107 - State Tax Commission Affidavit for Disabled Veterans Exemption
This form is used to apply for an exemption of property taxes for disabled veterans.
Select 'Forms and Documents' on the menu.
- 1/18/2016 - Township Board minutes synopsis for November and December have been posted. Click on Township Board, Township Board Meeting Minutes.
- 11/16/2015 - Township Board minutes synopsis for September and October have been posted. Click on Township Board, Township Board Meeting Minutes.
- 11/3/2015 - Permit applications are now available online for Mechanical Permits, Plumbing Permits, and Water Service Permits.
They are available in PDF format that you can print and fill out. If you have Microsoft Excel, they are also available in Excel spreadsheet format that you enter fill out then print.
Just click Forms and Documents on the menu.
- 9/21/2015 - Momentum Midland Withdraws Request For New Farmers Market
- 9/14/2015 - In light of all the news about the farmers market relocation and bridge work, the township board would like to know your thoughts. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns.
We will print these and send them to Midland Momentum so your voice is heard. We do have board members that attend the meetings, you might not hear them but we are gathering the information and sharing it with other board members. Please note that this is a city project. The part that does effect the township is the bridge and it's traffic flow to and from the township. We do care and have voiced many times to Midland Momentum. They know our concerns.
The next meeting is scheduled for the City of Midland Planning Commission to meet on this subject. It is a public hearing where you can voice your concerns.
It is September 22nd 7:00pm at the Grace A Dow Auditorium.
There is an open house on September 16th 5:30-7:00pm for the traffic study information.
- 8/18/2015 - Midland County Mosquito Control’s Fall 2015 tire drive, September 19 8AM-Noon at Midland Recyclers, 4305 E Ashman - see the flyer.
- 8/17/2015 - Township Board minutes synopsis for July have been posted. Click on Township Board, Township Board Meeting Minutes.
- 6/8/2015 - The approved 2015 Midland Township Master Plan is now available. Click on Planning Commission on the menu.
- 6/8/2015 - Midland Township Awarded $40,000 Grant.
The Midland Area Community Foundation provides philanthropic leadership to strengthen our community by fostering collaboration and giving today and in the future. Midland Township will use the grant money to construct a multi-use path that will run on the east side of Poseyville Road from Overlook Park to the Bullock Creek Elementary School. The trail will connect to the trail network that goes from Overlook Park northward to the Tridge and west ward to the Chippewa Nature Center. It is also part of the proposed route of The Great Lakes Bay Regional Trail (GLBRT) which connects Midland, Bay City, and Saginaw.
Midland Township sincerely appreciates the Midland Area Community Foundations (MACF) efforts in helping us achieve our goal of a multi-path trail. With adequate funding our vision becomes achievable…along with enhanced quality of life for people who live and visit our Township. Thanks again Midland Area Community Foundation (MACF)!
- 4/20/2015 - Township Board minutes synopsis for February and March have been posted. Click on Township Board, Township Board Meeting Minutes.
- 2/21/2015 - Township Board minutes synopsis for November, December, January have been posted. Click on Township Board, Township Board Meeting Minutes.
- 01/24/2015 - 2015 reycling calendar has been posted, select 'Trash and Recycling' on the menu.
- News Archive